The CSUSB Palm Desert Campus is Defining the Future of the Coachella Valley!
The Palm Desert Campus has a commitment to making a difference in the lives of students, their families and the communities of the Coachella Valley. “We Define the Future” is more than a tagline. It is our promise that we will be a partner in changing the landscape of our region for the better for generations to come.
- Bold Vision – PDC is a collaborator to problem-solve the toughest challenges we face: rent burden, childhood obesity, food insecurity, access to social services – including healthcare and mental healthcare, environmental sustainability, issues related to the Salton Sea, technology access, transportation, and alignment of educational systems in the Coachella Valley. The campus’ primary mission is to align our educational programs with local needs. We currently emphasize nursing, education and criminal justice, and will be expanding our programs to include hospitality management, advanced degrees in nursing and cybersecurity. We see the future challenges of our region and beyond and work diligently to address them.
- Coyote Pride – college is a life experience and the campus community expands to serve the broader communities of the Coachella Valley and show our Coyote Pride every day. The dean’s 16,000-hour community service challenge is being met every year, and more and more clubs and opportunities are a part of the PDC. See what Campus Life is like at the PDC.
- Affordable Excellence – more and more, the cost of college is becoming a barrier. Not at CSUSB. The commitment of access is one of the premier priorities of the CSU system statewide, and PDC students can graduate in four-years, debt-free. More than $280,000 in annual scholarship support – growing annually thanks to generous donors – provides direct resources to offset the expense of attendance. With the University Legacy Scholarship, financial aid and scholarship availability, a university degree is well within reach for any student in our region.
- Life and Career Ready – CSUSB Palm Desert Campus is providing students with a brighter future and employers talent that’s ready to work. Career readiness and a lifetime of possibilities is what the campus delivers its students. A student with a four-year college degree earns $59,000 a year on average – that’s $18,000 more than the average salary of a student who earns an associate’s degree. From the employer’s perspective, PDC is building trained talent in professions that matter to the present and future of the Coachella Valley.
- Human Impact – one of the measures of any university is the difference it is making in the community it serves. The CSUSB Palm Desert Campus is already contributing to addressing the challenges of the region and continues to expand its capacity to do so through innovative programs and partnerships. The campus opened the Neurofeedback Center in 2017 to provide this unique counseling service to the region. A Veterans Success Center at PDC supports returning service men and women who wish to earn a college degree. The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute program provides rich learning experiences to seniors, giving the benefit of a longer, healthier life rich in social interaction. The impact of the PDC in our region is realized every day. When you meet someone doing a great job, ask them where they went to school. You’re going to hear a lot of them say, with a distinct note of pride, “CSUSB Palm Desert Campus!”
There is something for everyone at the PDC!
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute – the first fully independent program of the PDC, the Osher Institute provides more than 500 classes and dozens of regional travel opportunities just for the joy of learning for adults aged 50 and over. Visit the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute website for the schedule of opportunities and membership information.