Become a member!
The Cal State University Associates is a premier organization of supporters of the Palm Desert Campus of California State University, San Bernardino. Members serve as good will ambassadors for the campus in the community and contribute tax-deductible yearly dues, the majority of which go toward scholarships for deserving students at the campus. Events begin with a social hour at 5 p.m., when appetizers and beverages are served. Members have the opportunity to speak with fellow Associates members and special guests. The Program begins at 6:00 p.m.
The Cal State University Associates has already donated more than $100,000 to the campus' scholarship program!
In addition to helping the campus at a time of declining state support and increased costs, members receive special benefits such as free admission to many campus events as well as invitations to exclusive "members only" programs.
The mission of the Cal State University Associates is to advance the quality of educational opportunities for all ages by encouraging private and corporate financial support for current and future needs.
Benefits of membership include…
- Invitations to exclusive "members only" programs
- Contributing to student scholarships
- Knowing you are supporting the educational opportunities for all ages at all the only four-year public university in the Coachella Valley
To become a member, please fill out the Cal State University Associates Membership Form
Levels of Giving
- Individual @ $100
- Couple @ $150
- Student Scholar Support @ $300 (includes couple membership, plus an additional $150 toward a student scholarship)
- Event Sponsor @ $400 (includes a couple membership and a sponsorship of one Associates event)
- Corporate @ $500 (includes up to 4 people at each Associates event and sponsorship of one Associates event)
- Dean’s Circle @ $1,000 (includes couple membership, lunch with the Dean, private campus tour and sponsorship of one Associates event)
- Student Scholarship @ $1,500 (includes complimentary couple membership, a one-year $1,500 scholarship for one student, lunch with the Dean and a private campus tour)
2018-2019 Presentation Schedule
Digicom Learning: Bringing Our Stories to Life
October 9, 2018
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous
November 13, 2018
Coachella: Inside Goldenvoice
January 8, 2019
Artificial Intelligence: The Future is Now
February 19, 2019
Prescription Drug Abuse: The Opioid Epidemic
March 12, 2019
Whom Do You Trust? Fact Checking the News
April 9, 2019
A Top 5 National Security Risk: Food Insecurity
May 14, 2019 (includes the Annual Business Meeting)
New this season
The reception will take place at 5 p.m. and the speaker presentation will begin at 6 p.m.
Associates presentations take place in the Peggy Cravens Lobby of the Indian Wells Theater and are generally held on the second Tuesday of each month.
Board of Directors
- Carol Barnes Russakow
- Sheryl Benoit
- Rick Blanke Jr.
- Bruce Shepard (Advisor)
- Pat Fredericks
- Lea Goodsell (Vice-President)
- Rod Hendry (President)
- Michelle Newman (Secretary and Treasurer)
- David Nola
- Jan Oliphant
- Priscilla Porter (Honorary)
- Mary Roche (Honorary)
- Jess Rosenberg
- Shawn Shepherd
- Robert Wisely
The CSUSB Philanthropic Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. Tax ID # 45-2255077.
For more information, please contact Michelle Newman at (760) 341-2883, ext. 78140.