THE 2018-19 UNIVERSITY LEGACY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
A merit-based scholarship recognizing academic performance and leadership
The University Legacy Scholarship at the Cal State San Bernardino, Palm Desert Campus provides an opportunity for outstanding graduating high school seniors attending high schools in the Coachella Valley to compete for an academic scholarship to attend the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus. The University Legacy Scholarship is $7,000 per year (currently the cost of tuition and standard fees) for four academic years, leading to a baccalaureate degree.
A scholarship application must be completed online and is due no later than 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 2, 2019. In addition to the application, a cover letter, unofficial copy of the high school transcript (including class ranking and SAT/ACT score/s), and two letters of recommendation must be supplied to complete the application process. Please have all of these documents ready to attach to this online application.
To be considered for this award, applicants must apply and be admitted to the CSUSB. In addition, applicants must complete the FAFSA.
Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
Additional information about the Legacy Academic Scholarship application process may be directed to Associate Dean, Michael Salvador, at email@example.com.
Scholarship Selection Criteria
Scholarship recipients must demonstrate a genuine enthusiasm for and commitment to their undergraduate degree at CSUSB PDC. The scholarship selection committee will evaluate applicants on three measures:
- Academic and scholarship performance measured by cumulative GPA (3.5 minimum on the 4.0 scale, sophomore to junior years), class rank, and SAT/ACT test scores at the 75th percentile (1150/25).
- Leadership potential demonstrated by previous leadership experiences and community service.
- Financial need based upon the FAFSA.
Scholarship Renewal Criteria
- Maintenance of a minimum 3.5 GPA in all classes taken at the CSUSB and CSUSB PDC;
- Enrollment as a full-time student each quarter (minimum of 12 quarter units per quarter) or completion of 36 quarter units during the academic year;
- Demonstrated leadership on the CSUSB PDC;
- Commitment to community service by engaging in an average of 20 hours of community service per quarter either on- or off-campus; and
- Continuing as a student “in good standing” at the end of each quarter.