Cross Enrollment at CSUSB Palm Desert
Cross enrollment allows for students from area community colleges to take upper division classes at the Palm Desert Campus for $10 on a space available basis provided they meet the eligibility requirements
Cross Enrollment students may take one class per quarter at CSUSB-PDC if they meet all requirements:
- Current student at College of the Desert, Copper Mountain College, Palo Verde College, or Mt. San Jacinto College
- completed at least one term at home campus
- enrolled in at least 6 units for current semester
- a GPA of 2.00 for work completed
- paid tuition and fees at home campus
- has met prerequisites required for the PDC class stated as stated in the CSUSB Bulletin of Courses
- California resident
The charge is a $10 administrative fee per quarter. Books, lab fees and parking fees are extra.
- Complete "Cross Enrollment from the Community Colleges" The form is also available at: (1) home campus Transfer Center or (2) the PDC Administration Office. The student completes the top part. The home campus completes the middle portion. This form is required each quarter.
- First time Cross Enrollment students must also complete the "
Enrollment is on the first day of class and based on seat availability. Present the "Cross Enrollment from the Community Colleges" form to the instructor. If the instructor agrees, the instructor will sign the bottom of the form.Submit completed forms, pay fee, and register home campus parking permit at the PDC Administration Office during the first week of classes. Forms will not be accepted earlier than the first week of classes.
Students will not be listed on the class roster until after the third week of the quarter. Therefore, students must keep a copy of the Cross Enrollment form as verification of authorized attendance.
Contact Brenda Machuca at (760) 341-2883, ext 78111
What To Take
Only upper division courses are available through this program.
Enrollment is on the first day of class and based on seat availability. It is recommended that first-time Cross Enrollment students take one of the capstone classes (Expository Writing, Humanities, Natural Science, and Social Science). These classes are required of all CSU students and typically have openings. Classes for majors are small and fill quickly