Important Deadlines for Admissions
October 21, 2019
November 18, 2019
Monday, February 10, 2020
Monday, April 6, 2020
Monday, June 1, 2020
Find the application form and instructions on our Credential Program Admissions website.
Want more information? Attend an information session or schedule an appointment with an admissions advisor.
About the Program
A Multiple Subject Credential authorizes a person to teach all students, including English language learners, in a self-contained classroom (grades K-12 but generally grades K-6). Persons who obtain a Multiple Subject Credential with a Bilingual Authorization emphasis are authorized to teach ethnically and linguistically diverse students in a self-contained classroom (grades K-12 but generally grades K-6) using both English and the students' primary language for instruction.
In order to receive a Multiple Subject Credential, candidates must complete the following state requirements:
- Approved Teacher Preparation Program (CSUSB's Multiple Subject Program)
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Subject Matter Competency through CSET
- California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
- Certificate of Clearance
- U.S. Constitution
- Assessment of Candidate's Knowledge, Skills and Dispositions
- Reading Instruction Competency Assessment (RICA)
- CPR-infant, child, & adult (see page 4 of the handbook)