Lessons from Leaders is a two-credit course being offered winter 2019, exclusively for PDC students, that features a different business, nonprofit or government leader each week highlighting their professional experience and personal advice for success.
Each class begins with an introduction by the instructor, Dr. Mike Ortiz (retired President of Cal Poly Pomona), followed by a different speaker each week, who provides 30-40 minutes of content and a conversation with the students enrolled. The class then enjoys a reception that enables students to interact with the speakers and gain critical networking skills.
These personal, intimate presentations are designed to inspire students to persevere, take chances and reach for goals they may never have thought possible.
This winter’s speakers in the university’s Lessons from Leaders series include:
- Sheila Thornton, President and CEO, One Future Coachella Valley (Feb. 4);
- Miguel Santana, President and CEO, Los Angeles County Fair Association (Feb. 11);
- Richard Jennings, Retired Military and Historian (Feb. 18);
- Ralph Piscitelli, Senior Consultant, Global Markets Advisory Group (Feb. 25);
- The Kamoei sisters, BBS Brokers Realty (March 4); and
- Larry Dickenson, Chief Executive, Boeing Classic; Senior Partner, Asian Aerospace Advisors; Executive Vice President, Sales Chief, Boeing (retired) (March 11).