Multiple Subject Credential Program
A multiple subject credential authorizes a person to teach all students including English language learners in a self-contained classroom (grades K-12 but generally K-6).
Dr.Lasisi Ajayi LAjayi@csusb.edu is the multiple subject coordinator.
Persons who obtain a multiple subjects credential with bi-lingual authorization are authorized to teach ethnically and linguistically diverse students using both English and Spanish for instruction. For more information, contact Dr. Nena Torrez at NTorrez@csusb.edu.
It is the mission of the multiple subject credential program at CSUSB to prepare future teachers for California schools. Program coursework is designed to promote reflective practice as credential candidates strive to understand (a) the relationship of theory to sound pedagogical practice, (b) California curriculum and teaching standards, (c) the needs of English learners and students with special needs, (d) the issues of cultural diversity, and (e) the demands of modern society on schooling.
What options does CSUSB Palm Desert Campus Offer?
- Student Teaching Option (3 quarters)
- Intern Option (Additional course at the San Bernardino campus)
- Step One: Admission to the University and to the program. Apply online at CSU Mentor
- Step Two: Apply to the program. Instructions are available at the CSUSB College of Education Program Admissions webpage.
- Step Three: Apply to Supervision available at the CSUSB College of Education Field Supervision webpage.
- Step Four: Apply for your credential at the CSUSB College of Education Credential Processing webpage.
Interested in the Program?
For more information contact Alice Pedersen @ (760) 341-2883, ext 78109 or email@example.com.
Schedule an Appointment, click the icon::