The Palm Desert Campus offers two Nursing programs. The three year BSN program is for students who have completed the prerequisite courses either through CSUSB or a community college. The BSN program is very impacted and admits a limited number of students for Fall each year.
3-Year Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN)
Tuesday, December 4, 4:00PM - 5:00PM
Tuesday, January 8, 4:00PM - 5:00PM
TEAS Exam Dates:
Saturday, January 12, 8:30AM - 1:30PM
Saturday, February 2, 8:30AM - 1:30PM
Monday, February 4, 8:30AM - 1:30PM
(Please refer to this system wide online program to determine if your previous coursework will satisfy the prerequisites.)
QUALIFICATIONS FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS:
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 in Prerequisite Courses
- ATI - TEAS Test score of 70% or better
- Attend one information session within 12 months of applying
- Submit official transcripts (TWO sets from ALL Colleges/Universities attended)
- Submit letters of recommendation (TWO: One Academic, One Personal/Professional)
- Regional residency (Coachella Valley)
- Experience in a healthcare setting (volunteer or paid) verified by letter of recommendation or other documentation
- Foreign language proficiency (bilingual) verified by letter of recommendation, 3 years of the same High School foreign language, the equivelant of a CSUSB 103 foreign language course.
- MUST BE a California resident
All students applying to the Department of Nursing must submit all documentation before March 1 in the year for which they are applying to begin in Fall. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Apply to the University through CSUMentor
- Check Off List
- Student Screening Form
- Admission Criteria
- ATI - TEAS Test (Offered in January and/or February at the Palm Desert Campus)
- Submit All Application Materials By March 1st Deadline (late applications will not be considered) to:
Roger Green, Admissions & Retention Counselor
CSUSB-Palm Desert Campus
37-500 Cook Street
Palm Desert, CA 92211
(760) 341-2883 ext. 78124
December 3, 2012 (All information subject to change).