Cross Enrollment at CSUSB Palm Desert


Cross enrollment allows for students from area community colleges to take upper division classes at the Palm Desert Campus for $10 on a space available basis provided they meet the eligibility requirements


Cross Enrollment students may take one class per quarter at CSUSB-PDC if they meet all requirements:

  • Current student at College of the Desert, Copper Mountain College, Palo Verde College, or Mt. San Jacinto College
  • completed at least one term at home campus
  • enrolled in at least 6 units for current semester
  • a GPA of 2.00 for work completed
  • paid tuition and fees at home campus
  • has met prerequisites required for the PDC class stated as stated in the CSUSB Bulletin of Courses
  • California resident


The charge is a $10 administrative fee per quarter. Books and any lab fees are extra. Cross Enrollment students must register their home campus parking permit with the PDC Administration Office. Otherwise, parking fees are extra.


  1. Complete "Cross Enrollment from the Community Colleges" The form is also available at: (1) home campus Transfer Center or (2) the PDC Administration Office. The student completes the top part. The home campus completes the middle portion. This form is required each quarter.
  2. First time Cross Enrollment students must also complete the "Non-Degree Seeking/Transitory Application" available at (1) home campus Transfer Center; (2) the PDC Administration Office; and (3) CSUSB RRE Forms online. This form is only required once.


Enrollment is on the first day of class and based on seat availability. Present the "Cross Enrollment from the Community Colleges" form to the instructor. If the instructor agrees, the instructor will sign the bottom of the form.Submit completed forms, pay fee, and register home campus parking permit at the PDC Administration Office during the first week of classes. Forms will not be accepted earlier than the first week of classes.

Students will not be listed on the class roster until after the third week of the quarter. Therefore, students must keep a copy of the Cross Enrollment form as verification of authorized attendance.

Additional Information

For COD students, contact Jacob Santiago at either 760/341-2883 ext 78152 or For all other students, contact Brenda Machuca at either 760/341-2883 ext 78111 or

What To Take

Only upper division courses are available through this program.

Enrollment is on the first day of class and based on seat availability. It is recommended that first-time Cross Enrollment students take one of the capstone classes (Expository Writing, Humanities, Natural Science, and Social Science). These classes are required of all CSU students and typically have openings. Classes for majors are small and fill quickly