The Palm Desert Campus offers two Nursing programs. The three year BSN program is for students who have completed the prerequisite courses either through CSUSB or a community college. The BSN program is very impacted and admits a limited number of students for Fall each year.
The Fall 2017 BSN application filing period begins on January 2, 2017 and the deadline is March 1, 2017.
BSN Information Sessions for the 2016-2017 Academic Year:
Tuesday – November 1st , 10:00-11:00 am
Tuesday – November 15th, 10:00-11:00 am
Tuesday – January 17th, 10:00-11:00 am
Tuesday – January 31st, 10:00-11:00 am
Tuesday – February 21st, 10:00-11:00 am
Information sessions are held in Palm Desert Campus - Health Science Building, Room 115.
To sign up for an information session, please call 760/341-2883 ext 78127.
- Fall Entry Roadmap to Degree
- BSN Application Requirements
- BSN Additional Information
- Prominent Cost for New Admits
(Please refer to this system wide online program to determine if your previous coursework will satisfy the prerequisites.)
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY TO THE BSN PROGRAM:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in prerequisite courses and overall for continuing students
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 overall and 3.0 in prerequisite courses for transfer students
- ATI - TEAS Test score of 70% or better
- Attend one information session within 12 months of applying
- Submit official transcripts (TWO sets from ALL Colleges/Universities attended)
- Submit letters of recommendation (TWO: One Academic, One Personal/Professional)
- Regional residency (Coachella Valley)
- Experience in a healthcare setting (volunteer or paid) verified by letter of recommendation or other documentation
- Foreign language proficiency (bilingual) verified by letter of recommendation, 3 years of the same High School foreign language, the equivelant of a CSUSB 103 foreign language course.
- MUST BE a California resident
All students applying to the Department of Nursing must submit all documentation by March 1st of the year they wish to be considered for admission.Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Apply to the University through CSUMentor
- Check Off List
- Student Screening Form
- Admission Criteria
- ATI - TEAS Test TEAS Information - Testing Office
- Submit All Application Materials By March 1st Deadline (late applications will not be considered) to:
ATTH: Nursing Dept.
5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, CA 92407
All information subject to change.